All rules shall follow NTSSA rules and IFAB Laws of the Game except as specified in the CFBSA Modified Playing Rules Chart.
|League||Roster||Format||Min Field||Keeper||Heading||Game Length||Offiside||Ball Size||Field (Yds)||Goal (Ft)||Referee|
|Under 4 - 5*†||8||4v4||2||No||No||8 Min 1/4||No||3||20x30||4x6||None|
|Under 6 - 8*†||8||4v4||2||No||No||10 Min 1/4||No||3||20x30||4x6||1|
|Under 9 - 10*‡||12||7v7||4||Yes||No||25 Min 1/2||Yes||4||40x60||6.5x18.5||3|
|Under 11 - 12*||16||9v9||6||Yes||No||30 Min 1/2||Yes||4||50x80||7x21||3|
|Under 13 - 14*||18||11v11||7||Yes||Yes||35 Min 1/2||Yes||5||75x112||8x24||3|
|Under 15 - 16*||22||11v11||7||Yes||Yes||40 Min 1/2||Yes||5||75x112||8x24||3|
|Under 17 - 19*||22||11v11||7||Yes||Yes||45 Min 1/2||Yes||5||75x112||8x24||3|
*For all leagues the following modifications apply:
- It is mandatory that each player participate in at least 50 percent of each game he or she attends. If a player shows up after a match has started in an Under 4 through Under 8 game he or she must play at least one of the remaining quarters. If a player shows up after a match has started in an Under 9 through Under 19 game he or she must play at least half of the remaining time in the game.
†Under 4 through Under 8 the following modifications apply:
- Substitutions may only be made between quarters or at half time unless there is an injury or other unsafe condition.
- A goal may not be scored directly from any start or restart.
- A player may not leap forward or slide on the ground while attempting to take the ball away from an opponent.
‡For Under 9 and Under 10 the following modifications apply:
- The goalkeeper may not punt or drop kick the ball.
- A build out line will be marked on the field between the penalty area and the half line.
- When the goalkeeper has possession of the ball in his or her hands the opposing team must move behind the build out line.
- During a goal kick the opposing team must move behind the build out line.
- Offside will not apply between halfway line and the build out line.
For a more detailed explanation of the Under 9 & Under 10 modifications review the memo below.